Saturday, June 6, 2009

Story Threads #4

Last week my computer decided to revolt. Two months ago this long-time PC user decided to “convert” to a Mac. And what do I get? My brand new Mac rewarded me by taking an impromptu one-week vacation to a place called a “Genius Bar.” Oh well, I’m back and so is Mac!

I’ve been sharing the various story threads of BrookLink. Today I want to share story thread #4:

We believe in partnerships that last.

Profound connections lead to partnerships that get stronger over time. Through engaging in long-term strategic relationships, BrookLink seeks to integrate into the life of communities across the world, and has done so for more than 20 years. One of the ways BrookLink expresses this partnership is by modeling ethnic diversity as we train and equip. Frequently as I travel and train, standing next to me is one of my non-westerner partners. As we train and equip together we model the diversity of Christ’s body. With this kind of partnership, we are able to counteract our own cultural biases and present a more “global” perspective concerning the issues facing church leaders today. BrookLink is blessed with friendships that span continents and cross borders, laying a foundation of effective ministry for years to come.

One of the greatest blessings in my life over these past 20 years has been the development of a growing network of international partners from Latin America, Africa, India and Asia. Terry and I enjoy an incredible “mosaic” of relationships across the world. Not only have we been stretched to think differently, but we have blessed to listen to, learn from and labor with these dear friends.

William Blake once quipped: “Traveling abroad is a progressive exercise in the discovery of your own ignorance.” I couldn’t have said it any better!

S t r e t c h e d


originally posted on my old blog on December 17, 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment